I need to take ownership of C:\ on a Vista machine for the purpose of Service Shop updating a part.
You are receiving the error "Cannot open test.txt".
The following directions should be followed:
First open an Elevated Command Prompt:
1. Open the Start Menu.
2. Click on All Programs and Accessories.
3. Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
4. Click on Continue in the UAC prompt if it is activated.
1. In the elevated command prompt, type takeown /f C:\ and press Enter.
2. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully.
This will give you ownership of the drive.