Anti-Virus "ate" update_client.exe causing ServiceShop to not start.
1. Open AVG Main Screen.
2. In the top menu, click on Options.
3. In the pop-up list, select Virus Vault.
The AVG Virus Vault is a virus quarantine where all removed files, virus infected or suspicious, are safely stored. All files are locked, encrypted and cannot do your computer any harm. The main purpose of the Virus Vault is to keep any deleted file for a certain period of time, so that you can make sure you do not need the file any more. If you find out that the missing file is causing problems, you can send it for analysis, try to heal it, and restore it to its original location.
Each listed object displays the following information:
· Severity – level of infection:
Low severity: information or warnings, not real threats. Typically documents containing macros, documents or archives protected by a password, locked files, etc.
Medium severity: typically PUP (potentially unwanted programs, such as adware) or tracking cookies
High severity: serious threats such as viruses, Trojans, exploits, etc.
Also objects detected by the Heuristics detection method, i.e. threats not yet described in the virus database.
· Virus name – name of the detected infection according to the AVG Virus Encyclopedia.
· Path to file – full path to the original location of the file. N/A means that the file was not originally placed on the local disk; typically, it has been found in an incoming email and moved to the Virus Vault by the Email Scanner component.
· Original object name – name of the file; is only present if the file was originally an email attachment.
· Date of storage – date and time the file was detected and moved to the Virus Vault.
After highlighting an object in the list with your mouse, the buttons enable you to:
· Restore – move the infected file to its original location (stated in the Path to file column).
· Restore as – move the infected file to a selected folder.
You can Restore or Restore as multiple items at a time; highlight them in the list and press the respective button. If some of the selected items are not restored successfully, these will remain highlighted in the list.